The Ultimate Guide to Online Advertising
The Ultimate Guide to Online Advertising
Table of Contents
Do you run an online business? Wish to boost its overall sales? Whether you wish to improve brand awareness or increase the overall sales online, it is crucial to promote the products & services that your brand has to offer to the end customers. Out of all the marketing strategies out there, online advertising strategies tend to deliver optimum results in all circumstances. Whether you are just starting out or a seasoned player in the online business environment, implementing the right online advertising strategies can help your business maximize the overall ROI (Return on Investment) effortlessly.
We have come long past the era of TV or radio advertisements. Online or digital advertising has become an important channel for businesses and marketers all around the world for ample reasons –more people all across the globe are going online to ensure purchasing decisions.
In the modern era, around 40 percent of the world’s population is connected to the Internet. Therefore, when you tend to advertise your brand online, it helps in delivering the widest reach with the utilization of minimal resources. Brand from all corners of the world are switching to digital channels or platforms. It is estimated that the total advertisement spending on digital platforms tends to be around $333 billion in the current era. Moreover, around 95 percent of Google’s revenue is known to be obtained from online advertising.
In this guide we aim at providing in-depth insights and strategies for marketing professionals, business owners, students, and others looking forward to honing the respective skills and being up-to-date with the latest trends in the field of online advertising. Refine your digital marketing knowledge or skills with the help of meaningful insights from the industry experts.
What is Online Advertising?
Online advertising can be referred to as the act of selling or promoting products & services by leveraging web or digital marketing strategies –including social media marketing, email marketing, search engine marketing, and others.
As you would want to go down to the concepts, digital marketing is all about simply marketing your products or services. It is a newer concept of conventional marketing that is implemented on the online platform for expanding the overall reach and enabling brands to get their message in front of the prospective customers. The first rule to understand with respect to online marketing is that as a business owner, you are expected to make the right offer at the right time & place. As most customers today are online, interacting with them online, making use of the social media, staying updated on blogs & news, and being present online when the users have the need –all of these factors tend to play a vital role in determining the overall success of your online advertising strategy.
If you are new to digital marketing, it might get overwhelming to analyze what it takes to master the online marketing strategies. We get that! This is why we have composed this comprehensive guide to ultimate online marketing for you to execute on a day-to-day basis. Through this guide, you will get to learn different tactics that work the best for your business. All of the tactics that we are going to discuss in this guide are going to lay down the foundation of online advertising for your business –attractive prospects, developing relationships, and presenting offers to the target audience.
How does Online Advertising Work?
In several aspects, digital advertising serves to be no different than conventional marketing. In both the cases, organizations out there seek the development of mutually advantageous relationships with customers, leads, and prospects.
However, digital marketing has currently replaced most of the typical traditional marketing concepts as these are designed for the modern customers. For instance, think about the last purchase that you had made. While you might have purchased some product or hire a dedicated service, the chances are that you might have started searching for the same online. You might have searched the Internet to know more about the products or services –who provides them, what the available options were, and so more. The final buying decision was then based on the reviews that you went through, your consultation with friends & family, the features, the solutions, the pricing, and so more.
Most of the major purchasing decisions nowadays are being made online. As such, having relevant online presence for your business is vital –irrespective of what you are selling. The key is to come up with a proper online marketing strategy for putting you across all major platforms that your followers might be hanging out on. Then, you are expected to make use of the right digital marketing channels for connecting with them in a myriad of ways.
- Content for keeping them updated with the latest industry-specific news, challenges faced, and how to resolve the same.
- Social media for sharing the given content and then, engaging with the target audience as friends & followers
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for optimizing the content such that it will show up when someone would search for the information that you are providing
- Advertising for driving paid traffic to the website wherein prospects can view the respective offers
- Email marketing for following up with the audience to ensure that they continue using the services they are searching for
As you would put all the given pieces together, you will come up with an easy-to-execute and effective online advertising strategy. While it might appear intimidating to build the strategy from scratch, it is as simple as knowing about and integrating a single online advertising strategy at a time.
This is why we have put up this guide –for helping you to build as well as refine your unique online advertising plan without mistakes of doing the same alone.
Part One: Create
Create Your Online Strategy
One of the major issues that most marketers out there tend to face is bringing traffic to the website. How can websites easily get attention from the target audience while converting them into potential customers? The secret to this query is digital advertising or online marketing. If you will unveil how the secret will work for your business, then it will provide you full control over the overall traffic flow while allowing you to sell more at the same time.
In this chapter, we will help you unfold some of the innovative ways of planning, setting up, and optimizing the online advertisements –including the important metrics that you need to watch out for. Creating a strong marketing strategy for your brand is the ground rule for any prospering or competitive business out there.
Marketing strategy is referred to as the overall game plan of the organization for drawing the attention of customers through the communication of benefits to the business and major differentiators. It forms the bigger picture of the vision of your company while informing about the marketing plan. This aims at addressing the vital question –what strategies are you going to use for meeting the respective goals and bringing the online marketing strategy to life?
To help you come across the right marketing action plan, you are required to ensure that you have ticked all the important boxes while formulating the marketing strategy. Therefore, we have come up with the list of some useful tips to which you can pay attention while conducting the research and creating the marketing plan. Here are some:
#Conduct SWOT Analysis
You can start by implementing the SWOT analysis for identifying the respective strengths, weaknesses, threats, challenges, and opportunities of your business.
It turns out to be a fun-filled exercise for your entire team and serves to be vital for the entire planning process. This is because it is going to help in informing in one way or the other about the key steps required for executing the marketing plan. For avoiding biasness, and covering different perspectives, you should try to get as many colleagues as possible for the respective SWOT analysis.
When you tend to have a clear view on what your employees are best at, what specific areas need improvement, and identifying the external factors that represent your motivation for running the business –it will help in equipping you with the right tools for building a well-informed online marketing strategy for your business.
#Analyze the Value Proposition
An effective marketing strategy is known to come out from the respective value proposition of the company. This tends to encapsulate the main strengths (as identified in the company’s SWOT Analysis) along with differentiators against the competitors –in opposition to creating the same from scratch.
When you tend to determine the value proposition of the company, it serves to be an important step in which you are going to invest time as well as resources. This serves to be one of the most important conversion factors and helps in determining what could actually make the overall difference between losing the sale and closing the sale.
It is important to start by identifying the major customer-centric benefits and the values the respective products or services are going to bring to the customers. This is followed by outlining the major differentiators. The best company’s value propositions tend to be clear and to the point. Moreover, they tend to focus on solving the specific problems of the consumers.
#Determine the Main Objectives of Your Marketing Strategy
Organizations are known to define and communicate the respective goals with the help of objectives. Objectives help in specifying measurable outcomes that can be achieved within a specific timeframe. Moreover, these help the individuals in evaluating the overall success as well as effectiveness of the given marketing strategy.
Moreover, setting your major objectives also help in aligning the respective plans & expectations while coordinating efforts and holding teams accountable for delivering optimum results.
When you put together the major objectives of your marketing plan, it is important to make sure that they are fulfilling the following criteria:
- They are specific
- They are measurable
- They tend to have a proper timeframe
It is recommended that you should keep re-evaluating them every six months. Moreover, you can also make the desired changes whenever necessary while using the same for measuring your overall success.
#Get an Understanding of the Customers
When you wish to include the needs of the customers while seeking to solve the respective problems with the help of your online marketing strategy, you are initially required to understand the requirements of the customers in detail.
In the modern marketing arena, there has been quite a buzz about the overall customer centricity –a strategy that is useful in fundamentally aligning the products & services of the company with the respective needs of the most valuable clients.
In the overall quest of knowing about the end customers and their needs, experienced marketers out there have started relying less on conventional methods of market research including focus groups or surveys. At the same time, you should also pay more attention to smart online tools or platforms that tell you everything about the online behaviors, conversations, and demographics of the customers.
#Define the Personas of the Buyers
Buyer’s personas tend to be fictional and generalized representations of the ideal customers. These are known to help the marketers get a better understanding and become closer to the end customers.
The process of the creation of buyers’ personas is known to involve the process of gathering insights from multiple platforms –including social media channels, website analytics, customer reviews, and actual conversations that you tend to have with the prospects & customers.
While researching & building personas, it is recommended to investigate the background of the buyers. At the same time, you should also look into additional factors like the demographic details and preferences. Based on the same, you should determine what the most important way of communicating with the customers is and what channels they tend to prefer.
Create Your Online Ads
#Define the Personas of the Buyers
As a business owner, it is imperative for you to understand the importance of creating and promoting useful ads for your business. All businesses out there require promotion. Give the importance of advertisements, online advertising has never been so important. In the modern era, digital advertisements have become a mainstream when it comes to accessing any product or service. It is estimated that digital marketing software solutions around the world accounted for over $43.8 billion in total revenues in 2019. It is expected to reach around $65.9 billion for mobile advertisements alone.
Given the importance of online advertisements, it is imperative to know how to create online ads at the same time. Online marketing is not just about creating a few advertisements and promoting it online. It is about dedicated efforts that you put in towards making your ads as successful as possible. When you wish to effectively target the customers, you would need to:
- Understand the type of advertising they require to convert
- Allow them to understand the value that you are providing
If you are on a project to develop online ads, here are some important steps to undertake:
#Understand the Goal of Creating the Ad
All business owners out there are aware of the respective business requirements and the importance of advertising towards fulfilling the respective business goals. Advertisements not only help in getting your business in front of the potential customers but also for creating revenues. However, most businesses out there are known to fail when it comes to strategizing. A generalized advertisement campaign that has not been tested or tweaked for the local markets is most likely to create the type of demand that you are looking for.
As per a recent study, it has been observed that when small business enterprises tend to hire services from large-scale marketing firms for the creation of the marketing campaign, they tend to miss out on the overall reach while getting unsatisfactory results.
You can come across reliable third-party advertisement research & testing companies or service providers that aim at helping businesses excel at the field of online marketing. These services providers might help with testing various elements of ads –including banner placement, ad length, and others for determining specific aspects of online advertising that would lead to increased click-through and improved conversion rates.
The given form of ad testing helps businesses to understand specific calls to actions that help in driving consumer response while allowing the team to adjust strategies effectively. Additionally, such service providers might also help with matching landing page messaging for creating an effective messaging strategy –leading to higher conversion rates. When you practice consistent messaging throughout the purchase cycle, it serves to be one of the best ways to ensure the overall success of your marketing plan.
#Define a Proper Action Plan
Your business requires defining the specific game plan for the overall strategy. It is also necessary for every type of ad campaign that you might be planning to deploy. The language as well as messaging throughout should be consistent while scaling to local ad campaigns. This allows you to target particular demographics in a confident and meaningful way.
#Creating Effective CTAs (Call To Actions)
When you wish to maximize the overall benefits of your online marketing strategy, the ads that you are creating should feature particular call to actions (CTAs). Some of the effective traits of call to actions (CTAs) that you can consider using are:
- Action-oriented: You should aim at setting specific expectations, and making it clear what the clicks on such CTAs are going to accomplish.
- Brief: It should be direct and clear –the CTAs should not be too long and should be crisp & short.
- Visually Appealing: The end user is going to be enticed by the overall appearance of the CTA. Therefore, it is recommended to make use of innovative strategies for making the CTAs appear as visually appealing as possible. The design that you make use of should be capable of catching the attention of the end users while compelling them to click at the same time.
- Value-focused: Make sure that you are stating exactly what the visitors are going to get once they would click on the particular CTA on your ad. The mere CTA “Click Here” is not going to entice the users as it does not reveal anything about the notion of the ad. On the other hand, a CTA like “Download the e-book” can help in setting expectations and expressing value.
It is important to make sure that the respective CTAs (Call to Actions) remain consistent throughout your business promotions.
#Identifying Some Mobile Champion
Given the fact that there are more mobile devices including smartphones in the world than people, it is important to leverage the benefits offered by the mobile platform when it comes to online advertising. As per a recent study, it has been observed that around 51 percent of consumers reveal that they are more likely to make a purchase from their mobile device.
Moreover, the consumers also revealed that they are more comfortable in availing services from a website that is mobile-optimized. At the same time, around 91 percent of mobile searches are known to result in action within a single day. Moreover, it is also believed that coupons that are delivered with the help of a mobile device tend to have a 10 times redemption rate in comparison to traditional coupons.
Mobile ads are making it highly convenient for the consumers to take relevant actions –especially when it comes to localized marketing. Then, it becomes easier for the end users to pursue the offer that you are providing through online ads.
#Focus on the Target Audience
In the end, it is important to note that it is not about your business all the time. Businesses that are known to find it difficult to create online ads are recommended to focus on the target audience to improve the overall performance of the online advertising strategy.
You should focus on the mode of communication with the end users and what problems your products or services are solving for the end users. You can try out different variations of CTAs based on improving the overall experiences of the users.
Part Two: Launch
Advertising is constantly evolving. In fact, it is estimated that the companies are going to spend over $250 billion on online advertising. Most companies out there tend to spend money on advertising –much more than ever before. This is the reason why there are several platforms that you can make use of for promoting the products, services, or businesses. However, how do you select the right platform for promoting your business-centric ad? Once, you decide the same, how do you make and launch your ad?
It is important to note that there goes much into creating an advertisement for your brand –right from doing in-depth market research to selecting the right medium, to even developing creative assets. For simplifying the overall process for you, we aim at outlining the important steps you will be required to undertake for bringing your ad together while promoting your business at the same time.
If you have just made your ad, and wish to launch and promote the same, here are some steps to follow:
#Choose the Target Audience
When you are making and launching the ad, you are firstly required to decide the target audience for which you are preparing the ad. People are known to observe 10,000 ads per day. Therefore, your advertisement might end up getting wasted if you are not launching or promoting it effectively.
One way of helping your ad search for the right target audience is to be clear with whom you wish to target with the messaging technique. This will help you in incorporating the right messaging as well as the best advertising platform. The given decision should be based on the persona of the end buyers based on effective market research along with real data of the existing customers.
#Conduct Marketing Research
Market research serves to be an important aspect of your campaign promotion strategy. Feeding into the respective personas of the buyers, relevant market research can help in answering key questions about the target market like:
- How old are the customers?
- What do they spend most of their time in?
- What social media platforms do they make use of?
- In which region do they live?
When you are aware of the given information about your target audience, it can help in launching your advertisement in the right direction.
#Choose the Right Marketing Platform
The market research that you conduct should give you ample confidence as well as insight into how to choose the right platform for reaching out to the target audience. You should aim at doing some in-depth research on the overall ROI (Return on Investment), the overall costs, and the benefits of specific methods or ad platforms.
You would come to the realization that when you make use of multiple advertisement platforms as well as methods for your campaign –like search engine ads and social media, you can start expecting the desired results. This turns out to be a great strategy as it helps in casting a wider net and opening up the possibility of contacting even more prospects.
#Deciding on a Particular Budget
For marketing, you are required to spend some amount of money in order to generate revenues. It could be difficult to get the approval for your budget. Therefore, you should make it easier to achieve what you require by just outlining:
- The total budget you require
- The breaking down of the costs
- The projected ROI
#Crafting a Proper Message
By the given point, you are aware of your target audience as well as the preferred platform. However, you are still not sure of how to promote the advertisements. Then you should think about the broader purpose of the marketing campaign for inspiring your ad. Think about the ad message and how the same can feed into the final goals of the ad campaign.
#Developing Creative Assets
Whether it is the copy for the Google Ad or some flashy landing page from the in-house designers, all the ads for your brand require creative assets. The chances are that most of the ads that you are running would require one of the following:
- Short & promotional copy –for online ads and image ads
- Long copy –for video scripts
- Photographs –for online ads
- Video –for video ads
- Animations or custom-made images –for video ads and online ads
- GIFs –for online ads
#Determining the Measurement of Success and Setting Up Tracking
Irrespective of the ultimate goal of your ad campaign –be it page likes, promo code uses, or online purchases, you should not consider launching your ad without initially being amazingly clear on the given set of questions:
- How are you going to measure success?
- What do you wish to achieve in order to call the given ad successful?
You should now aim at making the expectations of the campaign by setting up proper ad tracking. If you happen to be advertising online, then there are good chances that the platform that you are using –Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google, will have an effective ad management as well as tracking platform. This would allow you to see the number of interactions your ad had earlier and the total cost their incurred at the same time.
At the same time, you would like to put into some extra efforts for providing aid into the analysis strategy:
- Make use of some free automated ad tracking platform for measuring the overall advertising ROI and observing how the advertisements tie into the respective large-scale marketing campaigns and projects. You can make use of the given platform for comparing ads from different websites –for instance, if you were running ads on both Twitter and Instagram.
- Consider setting up a custom-made tracking spreadsheet on an offline mode for measuring engagements with the ads along with other data points like conversion, costs, advertising ROI –especially if your ad happens to be online.
- Utilize custom-made tracking tokens for the subsequent links that you are promoting in your ad such that you can analyze engagement as well as conversions on the website.
#Launching Your Ad
Now the stage for launching your ad is set completely. Therefore, you can finally go ahead with launching your ad to be observed by the entire world. There is no denying the fact that the process of launching your ad on one search (like Google) could be different than the other (like Bing). The same can be applied to the scenario of different social media platforms or ads, transportation ads, or TV ads.
Launching a Facebook Ad
When you are setting up & launching your Facebook ad, there are several factors to consider:
- Are you targeting the right audience?
- Are you launching and promoting the right type of ad?
- Are your imaginations possible to scale?
Facebook boasts over 2.3 billion people using the platform. As such, Facebook is known to provide access to the lucrative opportunity of augmenting the respective organic efforts for the marketers out there.
Running Facebook Ads
Facebook is known to provide access to a wide range of paid placements as well as ad options. However, all Facebook-centric ads can be broken down into the given elements:
- Campaigns –for housing all your assets
- Ad sets –in case you are targeting some specific audiences with varying characteristics, then you would require an individual as set for every group
- Ads –the actual ads are known to live within the respective ad sets. Each ad set is capable of holding a variety of ads that tend to differ in color, images, copy, and so more.
When you wish to launch your Facebook ad, here are some steps to follow:
- Create the Ad With the Help of the Facebook Ad Manager: You can look forward to creating a paid ad campaign on Facebook with the help of Ads Manager by Facebook. Once you would log into the given page, you will come across a dedicated performance dashboard for observing all your ad campaigns and ad sets along with the results the ads have driven for the particular Facebook page.
For creating a new ad campaign, ad, or an ad set with the help of Facebook Ad Manager, select the type of ad that you wish to create and then select the green icon indicating “Create.”
- Choose a Specific Objective: Facebook Ads Manager –just like any other social media networking platform, is engineered by keeping in mind the ad objective of your brand. Before you get started, Ads Manager is going to prompt you for choosing the desired objective of the campaign. You get to choose from as many as 11 different objectives. Some of the common options are:
- Choose the Target Audience: The next step is the configuration of the target audience. You can consider doing the same for each ad set belonging to the same campaign. In case you are starting out with paid Facebook campaign, then chances are that you will be required to experiment with multiple targeting options until you would come across the target audience that would fit just right for your requirements.
For helping you in narrowing down the focus, the targeting criteria of Facebook tend to be accompanied by a proper definition of the target audience. If you are switching between your thoughts on selecting a specific audience over a wider selection, then you should take into consideration your overall objective. If you wish to drive in traffic, then you would simply like to focus on the type of individuals you know will be interested in the given offering. On the other hand, if you are looking forward to building brand awareness or promoting some highly appealing offer, then you should aim at focusing on some general audience.
The built-in targeting section of Facebook tends to be vast, and includes options like:
There is also the option of selecting your custom audience. The given technique enables you to target individuals on Facebook who might be in the contact database of your company and might have visited your website. Once you have found the right target audience group that is capable of responding to your ads, Facebook would allow you to save the respective audiences to be utilized later again. Therefore, you will not be required to go through this step again once you have started running Facebook ads for a while.
- Set the Budget: Facebook offers you the opportunity to set either a lifetime budget or a daily budget. Here is how these tend to differ from each other:
Lifetime Budget: If you are running your advertisement for a particular length of time, then you should go for the option of lifetime budget. This implies that Facebook will be pacing your spending over the given time period for which you would set your ad to run.
Daily Budget: If you wish that your ad set is running continuously throughout the day, then the option of setting a daily budget is something you would like to choose. When you make use of a daily budget, it implies that Facebook is going to pace the spending on a daily basis. It is important to note that the minimum daily budget that you are required to set for the given ad set is $1.00 and this should be at least two times the CPC.
In addition to the budget, some of the other aspects to consider are:
Schedule: Select whether or not you wish the campaign to run immediately & continuously or in case you wish to customize the start as well as end dates. You can also look forward to setting parameters such that your ads are running only during particular hours & days of the given week.
Optimization & Pricing: You should select whether you would like to bid for the objective, impressions, or clicks. When you do so, you will be paying for your own ad to be revealed to people within the target audience that is more likely to complete some action. However, Facebook will not be controlling what the maximum bid is.
In case you do not want Facebook to organize optimal bids for you, then you should opt for the option of manual bidding. The given option is known to provide you full control over how much you will be willing to pay on ever completed action.
Delivery: The option of delivery is known to fall under two main categories –accelerated & standard. Standard delivery is going to show the ads throughout the day. On the other hand, accelerated delivery is going to help you reach out to the target audience instantly for time-sensitive advertisements.
- Creating Your Ad: How do you want the advertisement to look like? It would all narrow down to the original objective. If you wish to increase the number of clicks on your website, then Facebook Ad Manager is going to suggest the option of “Clicks to Website” as the ad option. The given ad option is divided into two categories –Carousels and Links. Typically, this implies that you can go for either displaying a single image ad ( known as links) or going for the multi-display image ad (Carousel) at no extra costs.
Once you have made the decision between the two, you are required to upload the respective creative assets. It is vital to note that for each type of advertisement, Facebook asks users to adhere to the specific design criteria.
- Reporting on the Performance of the Ad: Once you have launched your ads on Facebook, you should analyze the overall performance of the same. For observing the desired results, you should look into two sections –the marketing software and Facebook Ad Manager.
Launching a Google Ad
If you are looking forward to spending any amount on ads for reaching the target audience, then you should consider spending on the same at the right place. Google boasts the presence of over 246 million visitors along with 3.5 billion interactions on a daily basis, and an approximate 700 percent ROI. This is wherein the role of Google ads for your brand comes in.
Google Ads has been launched recently by Google. The advertising platform was introduced in the year 2000 in the form of Google AdWords which was later on named to Google Ads. In this section, we will help you unfold the essential elements of Google Ads and how to use the same for your business advantage.
What is Google Ads?
In the modern era, there is no denying the fact that the more focused your paid campaigns tend to be, the more clicks you are able to generate. This leads to the overall increased probability of retaining customers for the long run. This is the reason why Google Ads has gained ample popularity amongst businesses of all industries.
Google Ads is a paid advertising platform falling under the marketing channel referred to as PPC (Pay Per Click). In this channel, you happen to be the advertiser paying per click (CPM) on the given ad.
Google Ads serves to be the effective way of driving qualified traffic or the best-suitable customers for your business when they are searching for specific products or services that you might be offering. With Google Ads, you can boost the overall traffic while receiving more phone calls and increasing the in-store visits.
Why Advertise Using Google?
Google is the most popular search engine. It is known to receive as much as 3.5 billion search queries on a daily basis. As per a recent study, Google allows advertisers to make around $8 for every $1 that they spend on paid Google Ads campaigns. There are thousands of businesses out there that make use of Google Ads for promoting the respective businesses. In case you are using PPC for advertising your products or services, Google Ads should be a part of your paid strategy.
Types of Google Ads Campaigns
You are given the option to choose from one of the major campaign types for Google Ads. Here are some of them:
- Search Ads: These are text-based ads that get displayed on the result pages of Google. The major benefit that you get out of search ads is that you tend to be displaying your ads in the place wherein most searchers are looking for information initially –Google. You should aim at designing responsive search ads for optimized results.
- Display Ads: Google features a vast network of websites across various industries that allow you to display Google Ads –referred to as Google Display Network. The major benefit of using display ads is that as a website owner, you get paid on a per click or impression basis on your ad. For the advertisers, the benefit is that they can present the ad to the target audience as per their preferences. Display ads on Google are mostly image ads that help in drawing attention of the users away from the content on the given webpage.
- Video Ads: These get displayed on or after YouTube videos. YouTube, being a leading search engine, allows you to display video-based advertisements for the products or services that you are promoting. The right utilization of video ads on Google can help in drawing the attention of the target audience.
Location of Google Ads
When you are initially setting up the Google Ads, it is important to select the right geographical area in which your ad will be showing. The location settings are going to play a vital role in ad placement. This is because the main intent of Google is to display the most relevant ad-specific searches to the end users –even when you will be paying.
This technique is just important for paid advertisements as it might be for organic search. The keywords that you need to use should aim at matching the intent of the searcher to its best possible extent. This is because Google tends to match your ad with the respective search queries on the basis of keywords that you had selected. Every ad set that you will create within the campaign will help in targeting a small set of keywords while Google will be displaying your ad on the basis of the given selections.
Match types is known to provide a little room when it comes to selecting keywords –they tell Google whether you wish to match a specific search query accurately or if the ad should be shown to the individuals with a search query that might be related. You can choose from broad match, modified broad match, phrase match, and exact match.
Headline & Description
The ad copy that you create can help in yielding the difference between the click on the ad of your competitors and the ad on your brand’s ad. It is crucial to ensure that the respective ad copy tends to match the intent of the searchers. Moreover, the ad should also be aligned to the respective target keywords while addressing the pain point of the individuals with a clear solution.
In case you are launching & running Google ads, then you should aim at using ad extensions for specific reasons –they are available for free, and they provide users with additional information to ensure interaction with your ad. The ad extensions are categorized into different types including sitelink extensions, call extensions, location extensions, offer extensions, and app extensions.
How to Set Up or Launch Your Google Ads?
If you wish to set up your ad campaign on Google, then it is quite to be relatively a simpler and quicker process. This is because the platform is known to take you through the overall setup while providing useful insights along the way. Once you would visit the site of Google Ads, you should click on the option “Start Now.” Upon doing so, you will be welcomed with a series of steps to ensure that your ads are up & running.
Some of the essential aspects of Google Ads during its launch are:
- Linking Google Analytics: The chances are that you have already set up Google Analytics on your website for tracking traffic, goals, conversions, and any other unique trait. At the same time, you are also required to link the respective Analytics account to the respective Google Ads. When you would link the given accounts, it will make the overall process of analyzing, tracking, and reporting between campaigns & channels quite seamless as you are able to view the given events at one place.
- Adding UTM Codes: UTM or Urchin Tracking Model codes are being utilized by Google for tracking activities related to a specific link. UTM codes are responsible for telling you which ad or offer was able to ensure the conversion such that you are able to track some of the most effective aspects of your campaign. Moreover, UTM codes also make it simpler for optimizing the overall Google Ads as you are aware of what you are working with.
When you are setting up the Google Ads, it is recommended to include the respective UTM codes at its campaign level. You can also consider making use of the innovative UTM Builder by Google.
- Setting Up Conversion Tracking: The process of conversion tracking helps in telling you exactly how many leads or customers you have obtained from the respective ad campaigns. The process of conversion tracking helps in tracking the overall sales on your app, website, and other platforms.
- Integrating the Google Ads with the CRM: When you would integrate the Google Ads with the respective CRM, it allows you to track specific ad campaigns that are working for the target audience. As such, you can continue marketing to the target audience with relevant offers.
Bidding Strategies for Google Ads
Once you have set up the respective Google Ads campaign with proper tracking, it is now time to start bidding on the same. The overall ability to rank in the search engine results would depend on your bidding capabilities. While the bid amount is known to depend on the overall budget & goals, here are some of the bidding strategies for Google Ads to help you out:
- Automated Vs. Manual Bidding: Automated bidding is known to put Google in the main position by allowing the search engine to adjust the respective bid for your ad on the basis of the respective customers. With this bidding, you can go forward with setting a particular budget.
- Manual Bidding: You can set the bid amounts for your keywords and ad sets while giving the opportunity to reduce the overall spending on ads that are low-performing.
Bidding on Search Terms That are Branded
Branded search terms are the ones that are unique to your company. There is quite a debate on whether or not to bid on branded search terms. On a positive note, it can be said that bidding on specific terms will most likely produce organic results. On the other hand, it is also said that bidding on the given terms would provide you with a domain over the respective search pages while allowing you to convert prospects further down the road.
CPA (Cost Per Acquisition)
If the overall idea of spending money on converting the existing prospects into potential leads is making you feel overwhelmed, then you should set a proper CPA. By using the same, you can be assured of the overall success of your ad campaign. With this strategy, you are required to pay only when the user would convert into a customer. While the given bidding strategy could cost you a little more, you should be comfortable in knowing that you are required to pay only when you have acquired some paying customer. The given strategy is known to make it simpler for tracking and justifying your advertisement spend.
Additional Resources for Optimizing the Google Ads
The headline and ad copy is not just the single component for making your campaign successful. As the user makes the click action, it is just the beginning. They should be made to arrive at a landing page that is optimized for conversion. Then, they should be taken to the Thank You section of the landing page to tell them what they should do next.
If you are looking forward to the Google Ads producing qualified leads & customers, then you should check out additional resources. At the same time, you should make use of the resources as guidelines for setting up your Google Ads campaign.
· Best practices for landing page will teach you in the manner to set up a landing page that serves to be primary for conversions such that you are not wasting the precious clicks.
· The Thank You pages that are optimized reveal what you should do with the new leads after conversion, how you should keep them glued to your site, and proper ways of maintaining their overall attention.
Start Your Google Ads Campaign Now
Given the overall authority and reach, Google Ads should become a part of your paid advertisement strategy. You can make use of the expert tips for getting started. Moreover, you should also make it a point to refine the same as you go further. Using the right strategies and information that we provide in the given guide, you can look forward to creating a successful Google Ad campaign for driving clicks and converting leads.
Google Ads Retargeting
Retargeting or remarketing in the concept of Google Ads is referred to as the way of advertising to the users who might have previously interacted with you online but might not have converted yet. As you would track cookies, it will help in following users across the web while targeting the users with your high-end ads. Remarketing serves to be effective as prospects are required to observe your marketing efforts before becoming your customer.
How to Launch YouTube Ads?
You have gone through several months of efforts to perfect the ad script while coming across the right talent, shooting, and editing. What is the end result? You get an amazing product video or a brand.
By having invested all your valuable time, you cannot stop pondering over using the given video on your website’s homepage or sharing the same on the social media to allow the target audience to watch the same.
While it is important for a great piece of content to receive the much-needed attention, it is equally important for you to be proactive about drawing the attention of & educating the prospective consumers –even those who might be unfamiliar with your brand. When you run a series of YouTube ads, it serves to be one of the best ways to ensure that the respective target audience comes across the video that you have created for the brand.
YouTube advertising turns out to be distinct from implementing a paid social or PPC campaign. There are some production constraints along with a myriad of options provided by the given platform. As such, you would require some basic knowledge before creating your next video project for making the most of the given paid advertising possibilities.
The All-new YouTube Advertising
In January 2017, Google made the announcement that it will be bringing about changes to Google Ads for allowing the advertisers to reach out to more viewers on YouTube. This was especially aimed at mobile devices –wherein 50 percent of consumers view YouTube. In the list of the changes that were introduced, there was one that stated that the advertisers will be soon capable of targeting the end viewers on the basis of the respective Google search history. This was in addition to the respective viewing behaviors that were already being targeted by YouTube.
Now, the marketers are provided the capability of targeting ads at individuals or groups who might have recently searched for some particular service or product. This is done for targeting the respective video ads that will be served to them on the given platform. In case the video ad’s content is closely linked to the search the specific viewer had been implementing, they are more likely to go through the entire video or even clicking on the ad on the website.
Keywords turn out to be comparatively less expensive when it comes to YouTube targeting in comparison to conventional Google search. Views are known to cost an average of around $0.06 on a per click basis on YouTube. This is comparison to the respective average cost per click for Google Search –that is approximated at around $1 to $2. When YouTube targeting is known to include the search history of viewers, it turns out to be a highly cost-effective way of targeting the respective audience by using a highly engaging form of content –video.
Types of YouTube Video Ads
Using YouTube, you can invest on three types of video ads:
- TrueView Ads: These are standard videos on YouTube. The advertisers are just required to pay for the respective TrueView ads upon the viewers watching or interacting with the given ads –for instance, by clicking on CTA (Call to Action). At the same time, these video ads can be easily customized for sharing a wide range of content.
- Video Discovery Ads: Previously, these were referred to as In-display Ads. These are known to appear on the YouTube’s homepage and search results. These ads are known to appear upon performing some YouTube search.
- In-stream Ads: These are known to play before viewers watch the videos they have selected on YouTube. Viewers tend to have the option of skipping the ads after watching the same for 5 seconds. At the same time, these ads can also be played anywhere in the GDN (Google Display Network) or websites that have purchased the space of Google video ads.
Ways to Set Up & Launch YouTube Video Advertisement Campaign
Once you have created the proper marketing or advertising video that you wish to advertise on YouTube, it is now required for you to create the video ad campaign. Then, you can upload the same to YouTube. To start over, you are required to advance to the Google AdWords account for setting up the campaign.
You can expect to select on the drop-down menu situated on the “+ Campaign” red icon on the homepage of your Google AdWords. Then, select the option “video.”
Now, you are expected to enter the name of the respective campaign while ensuring that the option Video has been selected from the Type section.
Video Ad Format
Select the option “Video discovery or in-stream ads” for ensuring that the video ad is delivered in the TrueView format.
It is recommended to set your budget on a daily basis. You can also go forward with selecting a delivery method –either accelerated delivery or standard delivery. It is recommended to go for accelerated delivery if you wish to capitalize on some news item or trend that might be relevant to the video of the brand.
Now, you are expected to decide where you would like the ad to appear.
- YouTube Videos: The given network helps in running TrueView ads for appearing in in-stream or in-display ads. With the given option, you can choose the video ad for appearing before or around the YouTube videos as available through the Google Display Network.
- YouTube Search: The video ad is going to appear in search results and would appear on the homepage, video pages, and channel pages of YouTube.
You can consider creating separate campaigns for YouTube Video and YouTube Search. This will allow you to ensure improved track performance metrics.
Define the users’ location to whom you would want to show the ad. You can even consider excluding specific locations.
Device, Language, and Mobile Bidding
Google Ads will allow you to specify specific devices, OS (Operating Systems), and carrier for ensuring advanced form of targeting. This technique turns out particularly useful for mobile-centric ads. At the same time, there is an option of either increasing or decreasing the respective bids when the ad is being shown on the mobile devices.
With the help of this section, you can look forward to setting starting as well as ending dates for the respective campaigns. At the same time, this section also allows you to create a customized schedule regarding the video while limiting the daily views as well as impressions for the users. All of these factors would allow you to get the most for the ad spend.
Creation of Video Ad Creative
Name the ad group while inserting the YouTube link for the particular video for which you would like to execute the ad. You will be required to choose whether you would like to run the same as in-display or in-stream ads.
For the in-display ads, you will be required to include a proper title & short description. On the other hand, in-stream ads are known to be provided with the option of overlapping a display URL on the video’s top. You should aim at making use of a vanity URL for directing to another ultimate URL in order to make it memorable. You can also consider including advanced URL tracking options.
You are then expected to set the maximum price you will be paying for every view that you can adjust for increasing the total number of projected views that might be received by the video.
Ultimately, you can advance with defining the audience to which you would like to show the video –including age, gender, parental status, and so more. You can also look forward to targeting individuals on the basis of the respective interests –like fans of horror movies, cooking enthusiasts, music lovers, and so more. You can try running multiple ad campaigns for targeting different groups of users who might be more engaged.
You can also consider targeting individuals on the basis of websites, keywords, or topics on which you would like the video to appear. Keyword targeting with the help of in-display ads can serve to be a vital tool for coming across individuals who might be looking for relevant answers to some questions. It is important to carry out in-depth research while trying out different set of keywords for observing which leads to increased clicks, views, or conversions.
Additionally, you can make use of AdWords-based video ads for remarketing the same to people who might have been in contact with your brand. This would help you in re-engaging the individuals who might be already familiar with the brand.
Linking the Account
You should link the respective AdWords account to the given YouTube channel on which the video has been hosted. You can then click on the option “Finish” for running the respective video ad campaigns.
Top Ways to Optimize the AdWords for Video Ads
It is a vital step to launch the video ad campaign. However, there are some aspects that you are required to set up before you start paying for the views for making the most of the available budget while observing the highest return for the clients.
- Defining the Metrics & Goals: When you are analyzing the respective results, you should look into different categories of metrics for tracking every video. You can come across the same under the section “Column” in the campaign interface.
Views: In this category, you get to understand what specific percentage of people is viewing and understanding the concept of earned views.
Audience: You can use the given category for tracking likes as well as shares for every video ad.
Branding: The view rate is known to signal if the message and creative are entertaining enough for the viewers to watch the given ad. When you tend to increase the respective VTR (View-through Rate), you will end up lowering the overall cost per view.
Conversions: This component is going to help you in better understanding whether or not your ad is driving leads & returning an increased ROI for the brand.
On the basis of the respective goal of your brand, you should aim at determining specific goals based on the given metrics. At the same time, you should also formalize a proper plan for the optimization of the video creative while trying out various targeting criteria for improving the overall results. The goals that you set should be capable of determining the specific type of content you will be featuring in the ad.
- Tracking Low-performing Positions: In case you are running in-display ads for appearing across the Google Display Network, then you can look forward to reviewing the placement of the ad. You can do the same by following Video Targeting -> Placements -> the position of the ads -> display network from the dashboard of the Google AdWords campaign.
You should aim at reviewing the given list for observing any specific site that could be leading to poor performance for the desired metrics. You should then exclude the given websites from the respective ad campaign for increasing the average CPV.
- Using a Custom-made Thumbnail Image: You can consider designing and using a high-quality image that is still from the video for enticing the viewers to click on the video. It is important to note that the image should be legible to the users across multiple devices, even mobile. In case the image is known to feature some person, then you should make sure that the individual is looking into the camera. In case you are featuring some product, then you should ensure that the background should not be distracting.
- Creating Call-to-Actions: When you are promoting a video on YouTube, you can consider making use of call-to-actions that would link to some URL. You can also consider linking to the product page, landing page, career page, information, page, and so more.
- Creating a YouTube End Slate: The creation of an end screen for driving subscribers to the channel, promoting the social networks, or increasing the overall interest in your brand can also be effective. If some viewer had watched the ad till its end, then it turns out to be a good sign that they are enjoying your content and could be interested in subscribing to the channel for receiving future updates. Once you have built relevant image for your brand, you can annotate the end screen in the video editor of YouTube.
- Using Negative Remarketing: If you are executing some campaign for a longer period, and wish to only attract new users to the brand, then you should consider creating a dedicated list of viewers to whom the ad will be shown. While going through the AdWords campaign on the screen, you can select the option “Shared Library” situated on the lower end of the sidebar. Then, you should advance with the option “Video Remarketing” and then, select “+ Remarketing List.”
You can also consider extending the respective campaign budget while targeting only unique users through the selection of not showing the video ad to someone who might have previously gone through the given video.
- Use Close Captioning to Cater to the Needs of the Viewers: This is known to apply to all the respective YouTube videos. However, it turns out to be a general practice, and is not followed by all brands out there. You should aim at including some top-quality transcription that you have created and approved. Google is known to index only those transcriptions that are user-uploaded. This is because the option of automatic captioning by YouTube might turn out to be less reliable.
On the basis of your target audience, you should also aim at including transcriptions in multiple languages. You can also regard offering the users the option to visit or download a particular site page featuring the full transcription in the respective video description.
- Qualifying Viewers: In some cases, the ad will be seen by some people who might not be at all interested in the product. It is, therefore, recommended that you should aim at encouraging such viewers to skip the particular ad if the content might not be relevant. As such, you will not be required to pay for the given view and the viewers will not be wasting time in watching advertising that turns out irrelevant.
- Making the Ads Longer: As per the TrueView Ads, if the given ad tends to be less than 30 seconds in duration, then you are required to pay only when the viewer would watch the same till the end. However, if the ad happens to be longer than 30 seconds in duration, then you are required to pay if the viewer would watch the same for at least 30 seconds. Therefore, you should consider the same when you are brainstorming ideas for the ad’s content. You would like to put out a specific message at a particular point such that the uninterested viewers could skip the ad. Alternatively, you can also consider providing some special offer at the end of the ad.
How to Launch an Instagram Ad?
While Instagram might be younger with fewer users in comparison to its parent company Facebook, it turns out to be the breakout star of the family. Instagram in known to provide access to a platform for telling visual stories with the help of multiple ad formats. As such, an increasing number of advertisers view the same as a channel that helps in yielding increased ROI in comparison to other advertising campaigns.
As per the latest reports, there are over 800 million active users on the platform. With so many people scrolling through the respective feeds across all hours of the entire day, how should you aim at making your business stand out on the platform? This is wherein the role of Instagram advertising comes into play.
Quite similar to Facebook advertising, you should aim at boosting Instagram advertising organically to obtain the desired results. To focus on the right people during the right time with the help of the right imagery and message, Instagram advertisements serve to be your powerful vehicle for doing the same.
What is Instagram Advertising?
Instagram advertising can be referred to as the technique of paying for posting sponsored content on the social media platform for reaching a larger and more targeted audience. While there are several reasons to go for advertising, the concept of advertising on Instagram is mostly utilized for growing brand exposure, generating new leads, increasing website traffic, and moving current leads.
As Instagram serves to be a visual platform, text advertisements are not utilized here. Instead of requiring an image, video, or set of images (that can be accompanied by text) can be used for reaching the target audience with the help of Instagram advertisements. As per the reports by Instagram, it is estimated that around 60 percent of the users claimed that they had discovered new products on the given platform. Moreover, 75 percent of them are known to take some sort of action after going through an Instagram post.
Is Instagram Advertising Right for Your Business?
The given question depends on the target audience of the social media platform. It is important to know your target audience well before going forward with the concept of Instagram marketing or advertising. It is important to note that the largest percentage of users is known to fall in the range of 18 years to 29 years (accounting to 55 percent) and then, between the age range of 30 years to 49 years (around 28 percent). Only 11 percent of Instagram users are between the age range of 50 years to 64 years, and another 4 percent who might be above 65 years of age.
As per another study, it is observed that a majority of the Instagram users tend to live in urban areas (around 32 percent), another 28 percent living in suburban areas, and another 18 percent of the users living in the countryside. While there are more women on Instagram than men, the gender gap on the social media platform has reduced significantly in the recent times.
If the given target audience is not something that your brand can entertain, then you should dismiss the concept of launching an Instagram ad as your social media marketing approach. On the other hand, if you have the right products or services to leverage the opportunity offered by this leading social media platform, then you should leave no stone unturned to make the most of the advertisement opportunity.
Just like other social media marketing platforms out there, Instagram is known to offer you ample control for targeting specific age groups, genders, behaviors, interests, locations, and so more. You can even consider targeting customer or similar audience such that you are able to show ads only to the direct list of potential leads or those who might have similar interests.
Instagram is known to make use of the demographic data of Facebook for serving up advertisements to the right parties. This turns out to make the given social media marketing tool immensely valuable for the advertisers out there towards targeting a niche audience. This is because Facebook already tends to have in-depth history along with a complete range of demographic targeting options. Instagram advertising can turn out immensely powerful if you happen to be in the creative or visual industry –like craft marketing, restaurant marketing, and others.
How Much Do Instagram Ads Cost?
This turns out to be a difficult question. This is because the overall costs of Instagram ads are known to be based on a series of factors. The given advertising mode is known to be based on CPC (Cost Per Click) mechanism and CPMs (Cost Per Impressions). As such, the overall prices are determined as per the ad auction of Instagram.
The overall costs of ads on Instagram are known to be influenced by a series of factors –right from the target audience to the respective ad feedback. Some advertisers observe that Instagram ads depict higher engagement rates. However, it also costs them to some extent. On the brighter side, advertisers are not known to have control over the overall allocation of the respective budgets. For instance, you can go for selecting between the daily budget for limiting the amount spent on a daily basis or the lifetime budget in which you are required to set up ads to run for a specific period of time until the budget gets over.
Some of the other techniques for controlling the overall spend on Instagram ads could be setting the ad schedule (for example, you can mention specific hours of the day you would want the ads to go running), setting the specific ad delivery mechanism (you can choose between three options –daily unique reach, impressions, and link clicks), and setting the bid amount (automatic or manual).
Easy Ways to Start Instagram Advertising
It might appear to be an overwhelming experience to learn the overall ins & outs of any new advertising technique or platform. However, the good news with Instagram advertising is that if you have already been advertising on Facebook, then there is not much to learn in case of Instagram. As a matter of fact, ads on Instagram can be configured right with the help of Facebook Ad Manager.
In case you are not using Facebook for advertisements, then there is nothing to worry about. We can help you with the entire process of setting up & launching your ad on Instagram. This is because there is a series of simple steps that allow you to set up and launch the ads directly through the Instagram app.
Advertisers who turn out to be more advanced or might be running some relatively larger ad set can also consider configuring the respective ads through the Marketing API of Facebook or the Power Editor. Instagram Partners is also another tool that is available for businesses that are required to buy as well as manage multiple advertisements while managing a larger community and delivering content at scale.
When you wish to configure Instagram ads, here are some essential steps to follow:
- Navigate to the Facebook Ad Manager Page: For navigating to the page of Facebook Ad Manager, you can click on the link. You should be logged in to your Facebook account. It is important to note that there is no specific Ad Manager page for Instagram. Instagram ads are known to be managed with the help of the Facebook Ads User Interface (UI).
- Set the Respective Marketing Objective: Now, you are required to set the respective marketing goal. Thankfully, in the Ads Manager page, the goals are set in the self-explanatory manner. Do you require more traffic? Then, you can select traffic goals. Do you wish to improve brand awareness? You can go for the option of brand awareness goals. When you are working with Instagram ads, then you are expected to make use of some of the following goals:
Ø Brand awareness
Ø App install
Ø Page traffic
Ø The overall reach
Ø Views on videos
Ø Conversions –for conversions on the app or website
While these goals turn out to be intuitive, some might require the involvement of additional steps for configuration. These are:
Ø Brand Awareness –This turns out to be the most standard advertisement goal that aims at showing the ads to more potential audience that is likely to be interested more. How is Instagram capable of determining this? While it is not revealed yet, still the given goal is most likely to expose some new as well as relevant target audience to your brand.
Ø Reach –If you are looking for maximum reach to the posts or ads, then you are required to ensure that you have selected the respective Instagram account while creating the given ad. It is also important to note that if you wish to run some ad as the Instagram story, then reach is the only goal that you should choose. The best thing about this ad objective is that you can leverage the benefit offered by the innovative split testing feature of Facebook. This allows you to go for split testing two advertisements to observe which one is yielding more results.
Ø Traffic –If you wish to increase the overall traffic to your website or app store, then the traffic goal is the right one for you.
Ø Engagement –As a business owner, you might be seeking more likes, shares, and more engagement from the end users. If your ultimate goal is increasing engagement, then you should keep in mind that currently you can make the payment for playing the “post engagement” goal on Instagram. At the same time, Facebook is known to allow you to pay for the “page engagement” goal along with that of “event responses.” However, this feature is currently not available for Instagram.
Ø App Installs: If your ultimate goal is more app installs, then you should seek this goal. For configuring the same, you are required to select the particular app from the respective app store during the setup process.
Ø Video Views: Videos can be regarded as the investment of both time as well as money. Thankfully, setting the video views goal on Instagram is quite straightforward and does not require additional setup.
Ø Lead Generation: Who is not looking for more leads? If improved lead generation is your main goal, then you should set the same as your Instagram advertising objective. It is important to note that Instagram ads are not known to provide all available pre-filled fields like in the case of Facebook. Currently, Instagram is known to support only email, phone number, full name, and gender specifications. The given ads also tend to feature more barrier in comparison to lead generation ads on Facebook.
This is because when leads would click the ad to open the ad, they will be required to click through for filling out the necessary information. On Facebook, the leads can go forward with filling out the respective information without doing any additional clicking. The other set-up requirement that you are required to complete is the creation of the lead form while creating the Instagram ad for lead generation.
Ø Conversions: The given goal is known to allow you to drive the leads to take proper actions while converting on your website or within the app. Here, the additional set-up is known to require the configuration of either a Facebook app event or pixel event on the app or website that you wish to promote. This will help in tracking conversions.
- Configure the Target Audience: Now that you have the right objective, you are required to target the right audience for getting the ads in front of the right audience. This is the ultimate beauty of Instagram ads as you will be using the insights of demographic knowledge of Facebook for reaching the right people.
If you have implemented the same for Facebook before, the chances are that you already have built the right audience. The audience might be quite familiar with the process. If you are new to the process, then you should go through the available targeting options that can be layered for getting the precise target audience.
- Choose the Placements: Now that you have targeted the right demographics, it is recommended to go for choosing the placements. It is important to note that if the goal for your marketing campaign is for only showing ads on Instagram. If you tend to ignore the given step, then Facebook is going to allow the placement of ads on both platforms.
- Set the Budget and Ad Schedule: If you know how budgets are known to work through Google Ads, Facebook, and various other digital marketing platforms, then it is not going to be challenging to use the same on Instagram as well.
So, should you go for daily or lifetime budget? As per the experts, they recommend going for the option of daily budgets as it offers the guarantee that the budget will not be spent too quickly. Lifetime budget is known to schedule the ad delivery. There are benefits as well as demerits to both the options.
- Create the Instagram Ad: Now, you can go forward with creating the Instagram ad. You can choose from the available list of Instagram ad formats to create the ad. Basically, there are four Instagram ad formats that are designed for the Instagram feed to be commonly used by the marketers out there.
Ø Image Feed Ads: This turns out to be the most standard ad format on Instagram. This is the one that you are going to observe the most while scrolling down through your feed. These ads are available as single images to appear in the form of native experiences as the target lead would be scrolling through the respective feed. The best thing about these ads is that these do not appear ads –when done correctly.
Ø Image Story Ads: These follow the same concept as that of the image feed ads. The only difference is that these ads are for Instagram stories.
Ø Video Feed Ads: You can bring life to the ad with the help of a video. If you invested time in making a top-quality video, then you should aim at promoting the same with the help of your Instagram feed. While most of the video formats are easily supported by Instagram, it is recommended to make use of H.264 compression, fixed frame rate, square pixels, progressive scan, and so more.
Ø Video Story Ads: Stories are yet another great place to place your video ads. This is because it is the stories wherein the users expect to see videos such that the overall selling part of marketing does not appear to be forced.
Ø Carousel Feed Ads: The given format is known to allow you to reveal a series of scrollable images instead of just a single image. The given type of ad format is regarded as great for highly visual brands –like furniture sellers, food industry, vacation destinations, clothing options, car dealerships, and so more. These can also work for harmonizing the brand or showing off the culture by showing the people behind the product. The carousel format is known to allow you to select around 10 images within a single advertisement –each having its own link. Video can also be an option for the given ad formats.
Monitoring Your Ad Results
Whether you are running your paid ads on Facebook & Google or creating email landing page campaigns without analyzing or collecting advertising metrics, then you are typically running the advertising campaigns with blinders on.
Advertising metrics are known to help in ascertaining the overall progress of the marketing campaigns –what might be working well and what all is required to be changed. The given section is going to highlight the major advertising metrics that you should track while running ad campaigns on Google, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Importance of Advertising Metrics
The ultimate goal of any business out there is growth. You wish to improve the overall bottom line. For digital marketers out there, it implies that the respective advertising ROI should generate affirmative results. However, without the presence of a well-detailed plan for monitoring the respective ad campaign results, you are not able to prove that your ads might be performing well. You should, therefore, have a list of advertising metrics that are required to be checked on a regular basis such that you are able to adjust the campaigns as required.
Analyzing the advertisement metrics for different social media platforms turns out to be a good start. The metrics that we specify below can help in measuring, comparing, and evaluating the respective ad campaigns such that you are able to meet the desired marketing goals.
Google Advertising Metrics
Irrespective of whether you are running paid ad campaigns on Google or just tracking metrics related to website traffic using Google Analytics, the given search engine giant is known to provide with a comprehensive list of essential advertising metrics for helping you to keep a close eye on the respective advertising ROI.
- Total Site Traffic: It is referred to as the number of unique visitors arriving at the website. It can be regarded as the collection of vital sources of traffic to the website including:
Ø Referral: Visitors who come across your webpage by clicking some link on some other website rather than that of the search engine.
Ø Social: People who come over from other social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
Ø Paid Search: People who are visiting from search advertisements at the bottom or top of the search engines.
Ø Organic: Visitors who tend to arrive on the website from the respective search engine queries clicking on the result not including some ad next to the same.
Ø Email: People who are visiting your website from the email message.
Ø Direct: This type of traffic is known to include users who arrive from some referrer or source that might be unknown –like the bookmark saved in the browser of the users.
- Bounce Rate: It is known to measure the overall percentage of end users landing on the website, performing no specific action on the page, and eventually leaving the website. Google is known to measure the bounce rate in the form of single-page sessions divided by total sessions, or the percent of total sessions on the website in which the end users only went through a single page and made a single request to the respective analytics server.
A higher bounce rate for the website is known to indicate:
Ø The quality of page might be low such that there is nothing on the given page that users would like to engage with
Ø The users that come on the page are not matching the page’s purpose
- Page Value: It is the average value for the page that some user might have visited before landing on the desired page (the page on which the users might perform specific actions) or completing some e-commerce transaction. The given value is known to provide an idea of which web page might have contributed more to the overall revenue of the website.
- Impressions: The given metric is known to imply the number of times specific ads tend to appear in the respective paid search advertisements to the users. It also signifies the total amount that your display ad has been revealed to some third-party site. Impressions are known to help you in calculating the overall brand awareness.
- CPM: Standing for Cost Per Thousand Impressions, it can be referred to as the bid you are required to pay for per thousand impressions or views while running ads on the GDN (Google Display Network). When you tend to select viewable CPM bidding, it helps in ensuring that you are only required to pay when the ads are viewed.
- Clicks: These help in measuring specific actions by the end users on the respective ad or webpage. Clicks help in understanding how well the target audience tends to be responding to the respective marketing message. You can consider using click triggers for firing tags on the basis of specific click events in the respective Google Tag Manager. This allows you to observe when the specific page element gets clicked on the page for matching the trigger conditions.
- CPC: Standing for Cost Per Click, it is referred to as the amount that you are required to pay every time the end user would click on the respective Google ad. The maximum CPC for your website is the maximum amount that you have been charged for the click.
- Conversions: It implies a completed activity. Conversions can be either micro or macro. A specific macro conversion is known to indicate a completed transaction related to the purchase. On the other hand, a micro conversion is known to indicate some completed activity –like email signup. It indicates an action that implies that the user might be moving towards macro conversion.
You can look forward to calculating conversions once you have specified the end campaign goal –like free signups for trials, ebook download, and others. For the landing pages that are post-click in nature, the conversion might indicate a type of form submission for some content like an ebook or white paper. It could also include consultations, demo courses, new accounts, and so more.
- CPC: Standing for Cost Per Conversions, it is the value calculated after you have started tracking conversions. You can calculate CPC by dividing the cost of the given campaign by the total number of conversions for the respective data range.
- Average Cost Per Acquisition or CPA: It is the total amount that you have been charged for the conversion from your ad. The value can be calculated by dividing the overall cost of conversions by the overall number of conversions. When you understand the average CPA, it helps you in gathering relevant data such that you are able to better allocate the respective ad spend throughout multiple campaigns.
- Lifetime Value (LTV): The report indicating LTV can help you in understanding how valuable different users might be for your business on the basis of the respective lifetime experience. For example, you can observe the LTV for specific users who might arrive on the website through paid search or email channels. You can also go forward with deciding the respective budget allocation for multiple marketing sources.
- Conversion Rates on the Basis of Channels: The conversion rate as per the channel metric is going to help you in understanding which specific channel might be bringing a majority of traffic to your website –whether it is through social media, organic, or paid. The more precise you tend to be with this metric, the more you are able to reallocate the respective ad spend as per the given channels.
- Return on Advertising Spend or ROAS: This metric helps in understanding the overall return on the respective ad spends from particular ad campaigns.
- Engaged Visit Rates: The given ad metric is primarily opposite in the meaning of bounce rate and helps in measuring the overall quality of the visits that come from the digital marketing campaigns.
- YoY Comparisons: Also referred to as Year-Over-Year comparisons, the given metric helps in providing a comprehensive overview of the respective ad campaigns in comparison to month-over-month basis. With this metric, you can look forward to accounting for specific variables including seasonality or other related concerns like public holidays. This helps you in getting a better sense of how the respective ad campaigns tend to progress on a long-term basis.
- Quality Score: It is scored on the scale of 1 to 10 and is known to contribute significantly to the ad ranks for the respective paid search advertisements on leading search engines like Bing and Google. Both the platforms are known to collect the feedback from the users as CTR (Click Through Rates), post-click landing page experience, and ad relevance. All of these factors help in determining the overall quality score.
YouTube Advertising Metrics
- Cost Per View or CPV: CPV is responsible for measuring how much you tend to spend every time the end user would engage with the respective ad on YouTube or goes forward with viewing the ad for at least 30 seconds. Thankfully, marketers tend to be in the overall control of the bids as you are making adjustments as required and you will not be required to pay more than the respective bid amount for the view.
- Earned Actions: These are known to include specific actions that a user might undertake after viewing the ad –including likes, subscriptions, or additional views on videos. The more actions that you tend to receive on the videos imply that the users have had deeper interests in your videos as well as engagement with the respective ad content.
- Video Viewership: Also referred to as quartile reporting, the given metric is responsible for measuring the overall rates for ad completion for videos that remain connected with the respective linked channels. The metric of video viewership delivers insights into how often viewers are known to watch 25 percent, 50 percent, 75 percent, or 100 percent of the videos on YouTube.
Facebook Ad Metrics
The given social network is responsible for collecting abundant data for improving the overall Facebook advertisement campaigns. For viewing the overall campaign performance, you can head towards the Facebook Ads Manager portal while viewing real-time ad reporting. Here, you will get information about what might be performing for the respective ad campaigns and what might be working against them.
- Reach: It is responsible for calculating the total number of users who might have seen the ads on the social media platform while including both organic as well as paid views.
- Impressions: It helps in measuring the total number of times the posts have been viewed while giving a general idea of how viral the Facebook posts or ads are going to be. It is important to note that if a single user is viewing the ads multiple times, then Facebook is known to count the same as multiple impressions.
- Engagement: It helps in measuring the total number of times an end user would take action on the sponsored posts or ads. The action could range from clicking on the given link to sharing the posts, leaving the reaction or comments. For tracking the given metric for the Facebook posts, you can head to the section of Facebook Insights. By calculating the overall engagement, you will know how well the target audience is responding to the respective ads or sponsored post, what content they would prefer, and what they tend to ignore.
- CTR or Click Through Rate: This metric helps in revealing the percentage of viewers who view the ads while clicking through the same. A lower value for CTR in comparison to the higher advertisement reach as well as impressions implies that the end users are going through the ads but not clicking through. In case the ad CTR tends to be below average, it is best that you should do A/B testing of the ads to observe what the audience is responding to in the best manner.
An increased value for ad impression and the lower value for ad CTR enable Facebook to get an assumption that the selected audience is not finding the ad relevant leading to a negative effect on the overall relevance score.
- CPA or Cost Per Action: Rather than just measuring clicks as well as impressions, CPA is known to measure the overall cost on the basis of a particular user action –including free sign up for trials, ebook downloads, and so more. When you tend to measure CPA, it helps you in determining whether or not the money you put in was worth it. Ultimately, you can observe which specific ads result into higher CPA while creating similar ads for increasing the overall ROI for Facebook advertising.
- Ad Frequency: It helps in measuring the total number of times the target audience has viewed the given ad. You should observe the value for ad frequency for ensuring that same individuals do not observe the same on Facebook ads on a continuous basis. This is because it could result in banner blindness while allowing them to ignore the ad completely.
When you continuously tend to monitor the important advertisement metrics, you can determine which specific ads you should modify or pause, reallocate spending, and so more. The presence of quantifiable metrics or data helps in empowering you to get an understanding of whether your marketing ROI remains at par with the others in the given industry.
Part Three: Optimize
How to Optimize Ad Campaigns
Advertisement campaign optimization is the ultimate key for transforming your strategies into a powerful marketing machine. However, most marketers out there tend to struggle staying on top of the best practices for optimization. Wish to increase the overall effectiveness of the ad campaigns for your brand? Looking for innovative ways to get the most out of your advertising budget? You should know about the top ways to optimize the ad campaigns to ensure the best-ever results for your advertising objectives.
The advertising technology that is available nowadays is offering marketers with improved visibility than ever before. The given transparency is known to allow for an increasing number of objective decisions that are made in real time. It is high time that you should embrace both data as well as technology that are available. You can do so by optimizing the respective ad campaigns for different social media platforms to get the most out of your marketing strategy.
Tracking Marketing Campaigns
Have you felt that, even after all your intentions, the marketing strategy is not that effective as you want it to be? While it is taking the overall shape of something grand, but in reality it turns out flimsy. It has been observed over time & again that CMOs (Chief Marketing Officers) who are responsible for creating the respective advertising strategies mostly base the same on hearsay, assumptions, and pure speculations. When the time for execution actually comes, the results of the respective marketing campaigns tend to be disappointing and poor –leaving both the CMO and the entire business at a major loss about what you wish to achieve the next.
In the modern, connected world that we live in, there should be absolutely no excuse about not tracking the respective marketing campaigns. Even some of the most standard metrics for marketing campaign measurement –including website traffic, is capable of providing valuable insights into marketing for the brand. However, we are going to dive deeper to know more about the right metrics for tracking the respective marketing campaigns for your business:
- Google Analytics & UTM Parameters: UTM parameters are referred to as specialized tags that are added to the URL and get tracked by Google Analytics upon clicking the link. These are used for measuring the overall effectiveness of the marketing campaigns while discovering which channels will help driving the most traffic. The URL will not only let you know from which social media channel you are receiving traffic, but it also lets you know about which specific type of content is responsible for the incoming traffic. Moreover, it also allows you to know what marketing campaigns are known to work the best for your business.
Due to the overall ease of use as well as integration with multiple analytics tools, UTM metrics are known to serve as the essential components of any specific social media marketing campaign. You can also make use of some innovative URL builder for creating some on your own.
- Searching for the Right Analytics Tool: There are several analytics tools out there to choose from. However, it becomes increasingly difficult for you to choose the best one out of them. The difficulty does not lie in finding the best tool out there, it lies in finding the one that is the best for you.
Every business is known to operate differently. While searching for the right analytics tools for your ad optimization, here are some pointers to consider:
Channels employed by the marketing campaign
How quickly the leads are converting and when
The overall technical skills of the team
Level of management for using the analytics tool
Requirement for CRM integration
- Omni-channel Marketing Campaigns: Such campaigns are known to focus on delivering seamless customer experiences across several channels. Due to the inherent trait of the given campaigns, in which a lead is known to bounce between one channel to another before making the final sale, it becomes necessary to manage the overall data quite closely.
One of the major ways of tracking the omni-channel campaigns effectively is through the implementation of a multi-touch model for attribution. It allows you to analyze the specific elements of marketing that have been consistently contributing to the respective sales while quantifying the value to the given strategy.
Marketing Campaign Optimization Best Techniques
Now that you are aware of the importance of optimizing the respective advertising strategies for your brand, here are some of the leading advertising campaign optimization techniques for you to know about:
#Putting the Strategy First
Most marketers out there are known to think in terms of the given marketing channel –like in the case of an email marketing campaign. However, all the social media marketing channels are known to support the same strategy.
It is initially recommended to determine the marketing strategy for your brand. Then, you should aim at establishing the right marketing mix for allowing you to get there. If it would require using more channels, then you are recommended to take the major step towards ensuring marketing campaign optimization.
#Incorporating Metrics from the Start
Before launching the given advertisement campaign, you should be aware of the specific metrics that you are going to analyze while establishing the right means to do the same. It is recommended to set up the UTM parameters along with KPIs and keywords. PPC marketing is not known to involve much efforts. This is because the important metrics are already present in the given PPC process.
#Utilizing Strengths of Different Platforms
An effective omni-channel marketing strategy is not going to speak the same thing across every channel out there. It is known to make use of the best strengths of the particular channel for fulfilling the marketing strategy.
For instance, social media is known to work the best for building customer relationships. On the other hand, content marketing is aimed educating and engaging the customers from the learning standpoint.
Marketers are expected to leverage demographic data and customer behavioral data that they might have collected from the previous campaigns. It not only helps making way for an in-depth insight, but also allows the customers to appreciate for your effort as you will be personalizing the overall strategy.
Personalization is known to take up several forms –right from retargeting advertisements based on records of previous website visits to inserting the name of the person in some promotional email. It could also go deeper –like how retail brands could send over a curated list of products on the basis of the previous purchases of the customers.
A/B testing serves to be an important component of both email marketing campaign and website optimization. It is known to involve the process of constantly testing various types of layouts as well as copy for the respective conversion rates.
Tips to Optimize the Facebook Ad Campaigns
Building the Sales Funnel: The major difference between Facebook and Google ads is the specific type of traffic that they are capable of generating. The users who tend to click on the Google ads are mostly looking forward to making the purchase actively. On the other hand, users who tend to click on the Facebook ads are currently in the browsing mode while taking longer to decide. This could serve to be a problem if you tend to have a smaller Facebook ad manager and might be looking for conversions.
Therefore, instead of running the Facebook ad campaign that immediately focused on purchasing, you are recommended to deliver additional experiences to the end users. You can consider launching several campaigns with multiple objectives such that you are able to create the personalized Facebook ad funnel.
- Monitoring Ad Frequency for Managing Exposure: Ad frequency can be referred to as the total number of times that the end user is able to observe the respective ad campaign. The Facebook audience for your brand might recall your ad if they happen to observe the same more than a single time. However, if they keep viewing the ad too often, they would eventually stop paying attention leading to minimized effectiveness and increased costs.
For optimizing the Facebook ads for maximum exposure, you should aim at including a frequency cap to the respective advertisement report while observing how it affects the overall costs.
- Scaling the Budged Based on Ad Performance: When you would initially launch the Facebook ad campaign, you are mostly likely to test one or more ad sets with multiple ads within the given ad set. For determining the winning ad for your brand, it is important to observe the overall cost as well as other vital metrics defined by the ad campaign objective. It is recommended to keep the ad set that is best performing running while pausing the remaining ads.
For your winning ad on Facebook, you can go forward with increasing the overall budget by around 15 to 20 percent. You should keep repeating the same every 24 hours until you would observe the performance of the ad starting to decline.
- Ensuring Narrow Delivery to the Right Target Audience: As you would match the right target audience to the best ads, it would imply success for the respective Facebook ad campaign. In case you are not sure about defining the audience for the brand-new campaign, then you should commence using Facebook Audience Insights.
You can start filtering by location, age, and gender. Then, you should aim at adding interests for coming across detailed information about the right audience. You can even go forward with discovering pages to which the users are connected and their overall purchases previously.
Tips to Optimize Google Ads Campaign
Wish to improve the click-through rates for your Google Ads? Getting the Ads campaign up & running might appear quite easy. However, if you are not optimizing the ad campaign properly, the click-through rates could be low. Here are some effective ways to optimize the respective Google Ad campaign for your brand:
- Using Ad Extensions: You can consider adding extensions to serve as additional information to be included in the Google ads. This can be done for enticing the target audience for clicking on the ads while allowing them to choose your brand over the competitors. Some of the useful ad extensions to consider using are call extension, review extension, price extension, and others.
- Optimizing the Display URL: A display URL is regarded as the web address that your leads will observe in the pay-per-click advertisements. It is known to provide the target audience an idea of where they are going to arrive after clicking your ad. When you are creating the Google ad campaign, it is important to ensure that the respective landing page URL is not matching the display URL. However, both should remain in the same domain.
Some of the effective ways to optimize the display URL for increasing ad relevancy are:
Using call to action
Making it readable
- Personalizing the Ad Copy: Google Ad is known to allow you to personalize the respective Google ads extensively to match the respective ads within the search query. If you happen to be a local advertiser, you can consider geo-customizing for dynamically updating the ad on the basis of the interest or location of the searchers.
Tips to Optimize YouTube Ad Campaigns
YouTube ads serve to be powerful techniques of generating awareness as well as revenues for your business. YouTube ads can be highly effective. However, if the YouTube ads for your brand tend to be plateaued, then you might not be sure of what to do such that your ad campaign is able to reach the next level.
You should realize that by optimizing your ad campaign, you can broaden the overall reach to the respective target audience while boosting the search results and increasing the overall conversion rates. Here are some tips to achieve the same:
- Reviewing the Stats & Understanding the Same: The initial step that you would like to undertake is reviewing the given stats of the respective brand video for observing how well they are performing. As far as YouTube ads are concerned, there are several metrics on which you are required to focus for checking what can be improved. Here are some:
CTR (Click Through Rates)
- Identifying Opportunities and Adjusting the Bidding Accordingly: As you would make adjustments to the respective bidding strategy, it can also help in optimizing the video marketing campaign for producing great results. If you assume that you have created great video content while taking into consideration the targeting concerns, and you are still not observing great results, then you would like to consider raising the bids.
This can be achieved by adjusting the Max CPV for the Ad groups containing video ads. When you would raise the bids, you would like to ensure getting ample exposure and collecting relevant data.
- Taking Risks and Experiments: Optimizing ads is an action that you should consider implementing at all times. However, while optimizing ads, you tend to be mostly working on something delivering mediocre results while hoping that you can achieve better results after optimization. While it is a great idea to possess an ad consistently generating results, you should aim at experimenting with video content as well. At the same time, you should take care of the respective advertisement campaigns that might already be producing results.
This implies that you should always have some ads running wherein you are testing. If you tend to have some online ad working at the given moment, you should aim at creating another ad that allows your winning ad to work effectively. Try making this video ad quite short. Add music and remove the CTA. If there are some specific targeting features that you are still required to use, you should try to use them and observe what you can achieve out of the same.
How to Grow Your Business with Online Advertising?
Online advertising is known to consist of a series of specialized services –all of which are aimed at promoting a business on the online platform. In the modern era, more businesses are increasing the total budget that they look forward to spending on the respective advertising as it is well proven that it helps in increasing leads and awareness about the brand. If you wish to make it big on the online platform, you might have to reconsider rethinking or implementing the respective strategy for digital advertisements.
If you wish that your business is successful, then you are required to advertise the same online. With conventional marketing channels, there is no proper way of tracking the overall success or effectiveness of advertisement with respect to advanced data analytics. However, with the advent of online advertising, giants like Google and Facebook are granting the respective user’s access to the given set of advanced analytics for improved marketing and branding. This is why local businesses, as well as global businesses, are aware of the fact that their money is being spent well with digital advertising strategies positively impacting the forefront of their businesses.
When you wish to determine the overall success of your advertisement campaign, in addition to social media marketing, there are other major factors that would differ by case. Some of the relevant ROI metrics for measuring the overall success of an effective advertisement campaign are:
- Impressions –the real views on the given advertisement
- Clicks –the actual number of direct clicks on the given advertisement
- Engagements –clicks on the landing pages and social pages
- Results –in most cases, the results are available in the form of a store visit or a phone call
What are the Most Effective Places to Advertise?
When you wish to achieve the most of your marketing goals for the brand, some of the most effective places to post your advertisement are social media platforms including Facebook & Instagram, and of course the search giants Google & YouTube.
With the help of online advertising, your local business not only becomes visible online, but it also becomes visible to the right audience on the online platform. Platforms like Google, YouTube and Facebook deliver access to advanced targeting. This helps in putting the local business in front of the consumers who are most likely to know about your brand and convert.
Benefits of Advertising Your Business on Google
Google is the largest online network out there. Therefore, it serves to be one of the most efficient ways of telling the target audience about your brand. The main reasons for the same are immense flexibility and greater reach.
Reach: Consumers across the globe are known to make use of Google on an everyday basis for looking into local businesses. As such, this results in around 3.5 billion searches on Google every day. In the modern, digital age, people no longer tend to rely on TV commercials or other forms of traditional advertisements for coming across some service or business. They mostly tend to rely on Google.
Moreover, Google also went forward with integrating native Gmail ads along with Google Ads in the year 2015 while making it available to all other advertisers. This implies that you are capable of reaching the prospects by making use of the Gmail inbox. For the given set of reasons, it becomes unavoidable to adopt the network capabilities of Google for allowing your businesses to get an insight about the users who might be searching for your business.
Flexibility: Google is known to allow the advertisers to consider spending whatever budget they want on the respective advertisements whenever they would like. Given the option of the flexible solutions, the advertisers out there are capable of testing what will work and what will not work for the respective business. Try to spend some budget and observe how your Google advertising campaign is performing. Then, you can consider reinvesting in large-scale budgets for delivering greater prospect reach.
Benefits of Advertising Your Business on Facebook
Facebook serves to be one of the major social media platforms in the modern society. The overall benefits of advertising your brand on Facebook can be summarized in two aspects –targeting and audience.
Choosing the Audience: Facebook serves to be the fastest evolving social media marketing platforms out there. Additionally, it is also a major communication channel. The audience on the given social network is known to include as many as 2.38 billion MAUs (Monthly Active Users) on an average –symbolizing an overall increase of around 8 percent MUAs on an annual basis.
The given statistics are simply too significant to ignore. As a local business, you are required to understand that Facebook serves to be an intersection in which you are capable of finding prospective customers. As per a recent study, it has been revealed that an average individual is known to spend around 20 minutes on Facebook on a daily basis with the highest traffic being observed between the duration of 1pm and 3pm. This implies that your business has a short duration to make the overall impression amid the target audience on the given social media platform.
Using Ad Targeting Strategy by Facebook: Firstly, how is the concept of Facebook ad targeting known to work? You can look forward to targeting a specific audience on the social media platform with multiple ad formats as well as parameters for ad targeting. Therefore, it is recommended that you should get creative as much as possible.
The field of Facebook ad targeting is known to enable you to focus on the target users. As such, you can yourself look forward to becoming a digital stalker. You are given the opportunity to target the respective users on the basis of the life events, interests of the users, location, age, gender, and any other factor that the respective Facebook profile would reveal about them.
Facebook’s algorithm has enabled significant changes to be implemented on the local marketing landscape. As such, currently, it has become one of the most sought-after environments for businesses to promote their respective products & services.
Benefits of Advertising Your Business on YouTube
YouTube is not just for entertainment. YouTube boasts millions of channels that are set up by individuals or brands featuring multiple how-to videos and even tours of the products or services.
If you are looking forward to making YouTube as a part of your online advertising strategy, then here are some benefits that you can expect out of the same:
- Reaching the New Audience: You are never sure who can stumble across your YouTube videos. This is the reason why it is essential for you to optimize the respective videos for keywords –especially the title of the video. The more people you are able to come across through some common keywords, the better the keywords are known to perform. Moreover, you can consider adding overlays to the video for promoting the channel, other YouTube videos, or even the website for increasing the overall brand awareness.
· Videos Showing in the Google Search Results: Google is known to index every video that is available on YouTube. Therefore, once you have optimized the title of the video with relevant keywords as well as links to the website, you can look forward to showing up multiple times in the given search results. This allows your brand to attract potential customers –whether it is through watching your videos or clicking to some landing page on the website.
- Videos Staying on YouTube Indefinitely: As long as the YouTube videos that you create are not violating the rules of the social media platform, you can look forward to keeping the YouTube videos on the platform permanently. This implies that you can continue getting new views and likes every time –even after several years of posting the same. The sooner you will be posting a video, the better it is going to perform over time.
- YouTube Serves to be International: YouTube is a global social media platform and is utilized by most countries of the world out there. This implies that you can look forward to expanding your overall reach globally using YouTube. If the target audience speaks or understand your language on the video, you can ensure maximum engagements.
- Adding a Face to the Brand: Are you still building an image for your brand? YouTube videos tend to be great ways for promoting your brand, the overall personality of the company, and the people who would be helping your business to grow on an everyday basis.
- Possibility of a Private Video: It could be a video that is aimed at distributing content to the current customers. With a private video, it is implied that the general public cannot view the private videos. This implies that people cannot search the videos on Google, YouTube, or other engines. This turns out to be the way of making clients to feel handpicked and exclusive. You can provide them a peek into the all-new products and services of your brand while showing off the facilities –all of these in the form of a private video.
- Adding Captions and Transcripts: If you wish to ensure that you are reaching out to as many customers as possible, then you should aim at adding captions and transcripts to all the videos. By doing so, you are ensuring that your videos are viewed by almost everyone.
- Controlling the Comments: As you are adding a video to the channel, you are able to control the comments on the same. As per your preference, you can even consider switching off the comments for specific YouTube videos. This will help in eliminating all off-topic or negative comments that might associated with the YouTube channel.
- Building the Email List on YouTube: Another major benefit of using YouTube for your business advertising is its ability to develop the email list as you would continue providing valuable, engaging content. It is recommended that you should make use of some advanced software solution for embedding the sign-up form directly into the respective videos on YouTube.
You can consider stopping a video on YouTube temporarily for the viewer for entering the respective email address and subscribing to the email list. When you make use of the given advertising approach, it becomes simpler for building the respective email list while providing highly engaging videos that your audience is going to appreciate.
Benefits of Advertising Your Business on Instagram
With around 1 billion active users and more than 500 million active users on a daily basis, Instagram has indeed become one of the highly sought-after social media platforms for advertising your business. Businesses have started accepting this form of social media marketing even more while using its unique concepts to advertise the respective products and services on the portal.
If you are new to Instagram and wish to use its unique features for promoting your brand, here are some sure-shot benefits you should know about:
- Increased Purchasing Power: Are you aware of the fact that around one-third of end users use Instagram for making a purchase online? With the overall sales potential that Instagram has, there is no reason to miss out on the given platform. Moreover, it is also observed that around 75 percent of Instagram users are known to take some action –like visiting the website, after going through some interesting Instagram post for your brand advertising.
An Instagram advertisement post appears to be different than a typical post on the social media platform. An Instagram advertisement post for your business is the one that you tend to sponsor with the help of advertising revenue such that it is capable of reaching more people. Even when the people are not going to purchase on the first click, the action is still going to be valuable as you can retarget the users with Instagram ads until they would end up making a purchase.
- Advanced Targeting Options: The ad platform of Instagram is known to possess access to the most advanced options of social media marketing targeting available out there. Cold targeting is the technique of reaching out to the users who might have never heard of your business before. They tend to be cold and are required to be warmed up for becoming a potential buyer.
Retargeting implies targeting people again who might have in some case heard of your business. The most common type of retargeting is targeting the visitors who might not have made a purchase yet. Instagram is known to offer the given capability and much more.
- Trackability: Both leads as well as sales are trackable with the help of Instagram ads such that you are able to observe the overall ROI. The given benefit of Instagram might appear quite obvious. As Instagram is known to make use of the same Ads Manager platform as that of Facebook, it is known to possess the same tracking abilities possessed by Facebook.
You can observe everything from leads, link clicks, to conversions, and then you can observe the cost per result on the campaigns that you are running. This implies that on the basis of your objective that you are measuring, you can always observe how many results you have achieved and the overall cost for the same. When you have this knowledge, it will help you in understanding where the money is going to be invested in the best manner.
- Additional Features for Business Profiles: Just like Facebook, Instagram is known to differentiate the given account into business account and personal account. If you aim at converting your account into business account, then you will end up unlocking the myriad of features for promoting your business effectively.
Some of the given set of features is known to include the capability of promoting your posts with the given ad budget, call to action icon for the respective page visitors, and access to the respective account insights. When you make the given adjustment, it will help in setting up your account for success for reaping all the Instagram benefits.
Even if you have not made use of online advertising for your business, you are still probably aware of the benefits it provides. As you would move from a conventional form of advertising to the online model, it might appear like some distraction. However, it turns out to be the only way to make sure that your business is going to survive the digital age.
The companies that are already making use of online advertising strategies might observe most of its benefits like unlimited reach, and highly cost-effective rates. If you are still confused about whether or not to use online advertising, then you should could reach out to a local advertising agency that can help you get started!
It is important to remember that your prospective buyers are searching for your products or services online. In the modern, digitized era, the people you would like to reach are already available online. In turn, they are also searching for you as well as your solutions. Therefore, why should you not aim at making easier for them?
An Internet study in the United States of America reveals that 80 percent of people are known to make use of the Internet for carrying out preliminary search on the respective products or services that they might be interested in and would like to purchase. Mobile technology is known to rule the concept of digital marketing as most people are going to use the same to search and ensure purchases.
Online marketing is also known to increase the overall user engagement. In opposition to conventional marketing strategies and direct mail, digital advertising helps in providing opportunities for the respective potentials and customers for interacting with your business. This could result into getting more relevant information about your business while also ensuring direct purchases or driving relevant traffic to the store.
Chatbots, blogs, and social media, along with other interactive tools are known to provide a way for ensuring two-way communication for encouraging affirmative relationships. The target audience is known to view your company as a source of providing solutions in opposition to the company for that would just like to sell them something directly.
Conventional marketing techniques are known to fade away in comparison to digital advertising along with the benefits it brings to your business. Online marketing is known to keep the brand current while positioning you as some industry expert, all the while improving the overall ROI for your business.
Even if you have to start with a small advertising budget, START NOW!
We hope you found tons of value in this almost twenty thousand word post on “The Ultimate Guide to Online Advertising”! As you can see the tools and information needed to successfully advertise online is extensive, but with a great team and dedication to digital marketing you can obtain some insane results.
If at any point of your journey you need assistance with digital marketing, web development, or search engine optimization needs, we invite you to reach out and get to know us! As a leading digital marketing agency with multiple decades in business, we have the team and experience needed to help our customers grow their business online.